Tuesday 21 September 2010

Plans. Changed.

I'm going back to Belgium in one week.

Leaving Berlin makes me a little sad but almost every last person that I know here is leaving these days as well so it makes sense in a way.

Additionnally, I like the idea of having a network of friends living in all european capital cities. And if I'm not the one residing in Brussels, who will it be ?

For now I'll be going back to my parents'. Both my brothers are there for the moment so it shouldn't be too much of a living hell, at least I hope so. I don't plan on being at home too much and too long though. I picture a nice apartment in some nice neighbourhood of Brussels, and having breakfast in a café every day before heading to my overly well-paid job, possibly behind the wheel of some car having that new car smell, or the old car one, I won't be picky about cars I promise.

But for now, I'm trying to make my last Berliner week memorable. I mean more than just a memory of tidying and cleaning for several days (gods knows my room needs it, and now you do as well). It should be fine though. I'm not making a checklist, because they never get completed and that's bad for my good spirits.

I never know if I will be missing the places and people that I leave. We'll see about Berlin. Belgium had better be nice to me though, otherwise being back to the third world will be tough. But I already know of a few cool only-in-Belgium things that will immensely cheer me up. Yay!

1 comment: